Tuesday 29 April 2014

So. The Plan.

Or.. “The worst idea since someone said ‘yeah let’s take this suspiciously large wooden horse into Troy, statues are all the rage this season’.” (Blackadder says it best)

 The whole idea of this stems from the fact that Prinny, McZermof and I are terrible at finishing stuff.

Like most (all?) gamers, we have boxes and boxes of unfinished, half started, finished but now I hate it, "finished and I like it but no one plays the game any more" or "pretty sure I ordered that when I was drunk" armies.

Clearly the only option then was to buy a new army, ACTUALLY FINISH IT and then show it off as how good we are at finishing stuff.

My army of choice?

Hoplites!

Prinny and I had been musing over how cool a Greek army would be in Impetus, and this will be the chance to actually do it. I will take the side of the righteous, brave and all around bestest Spartans, Prinny is planning some Athenians and I think McZermof is going totally left field, and bringing Teutonic Knights.

Our plan is to make a 400 point army of our chosen force, and have it done for a competition this year called Veni Vidi Vici, or V3 for short. The competition is run later this year, so there is a bit of time to paint! Prinny and I have been thinking about building it up to 500 points, because to be honest, it is only an extra couple of Hoplite bases!

My starting point is a box and a half of the Victrix plastic hoplites, along with a whole host of the Little Big Men Studios shield transfers. Conveniently, these arrived this week, so I am planning to get on to assembling my first base tonight.

Now, we will play other forms of Impetus too, especially me as I need to learn how to play the game so that I can not look like a total idiot at V3 later this year!

That is enough for now,
Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment